this connector has pin lock which need to be unlocked befor inserting pins, this is how it's look from booth sides:
Use screwdriver os something flat to push lock on side which is on previous picture, lock will slide inside few milimeters:
On the other side it will popout:
This is how its looks inside of connector:
and after unlock:
CD changer ground pin in mini iso connector
If your radio has ground pin(CD-GND) as this one has (in this case audi concert2) connect emulator like is on next pictures (but insert pins all way down). Take attention to power pin, red one, it must go to switched output pit, in case you put it on constant +12V emulator will probable not works, maybe for first time.
audio cable goes here:
CD changer ground in 10pin tel/nav connector
if your radio is for example audi chorus/concert1, ground pin for CD changer is on 10pin connector on this picture, upper right, but body for this connector is to expensive for low budget project like this emu, so ground connection is made by cable fastened to metal chassis of radio. Screw has torx T-9 head.
In case you have pre-ampifier, this one is powered from constant +12V pin, righr audio channel is also red, but goes from shielded cable pare, I marked it with pinkish color:
grounding goes to chassis:
Units with 12pin connectors
If your radio has this type of connector, you are lucky you need just insert connector like on next picture and connect ground like on previous picture.
just note to everyone who can try to debrick old gpro hero2
I really do not make notes, so it's just from memory, but it can help:
I try to folow this instructions, but as cammera is not responding to anything it didn't work: https://gopro.com/support/articles/fix-for-hd-hero2-stuck-in-v198-update-mode
after hours on google here is solution:
place HD2-firmware.bin and autoexec.ash on your sdcard, put "cd d:\" on first line of autoexec.ash
donwload this 2 github repos:
git clone https://github.com/evilwombat/gopro-fw-tools.git
cp ~/Downloads/HD2-firmware.bin .
./fwparser HD2-firmware.bin > unpack.sh
chmod +x unpack.sh
it is bunch of "dd" commands, output is 14 files names section_1,section_2,section_3, etc
then we need usb tool:
git clone https://github.com/evilwombat/gopro-usb-tools.git
sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0.0-dev
then, place gopro in usb command mode:
- remove battery, disconnect usb cable
- press and hold shutter button
- put battery in camera
- connect usb cable
- front red led should start blinking
- press power button
- release power button, led should stop blinking
- release shutter button,
lsus shout give as device gopro:
Bus 001 Device 090: ID 4255:0001 GoPro
we are goot to go:
sudo ./gpboot --rtos ../gopro-fw-tools/section_3
camera will boot to rtos:
Initializing libusb Initializing DDR................................... done Testing DDR....................... passed Okay, loading and booting RTOS image ../gopro-fw-tools/section_9 on a Hero2 camera Loading v312-bld.bin to address c0000000 ... done Loading relocate.bin to address c7000000 ... done Loading v312-hal-reloc.bin to address c8000000 ... done Loading ../gopro-fw-tools/section_9 to address c9000000 ... done Patching in a jump to our relocator.. Okay, here goes nothing... Exec c0000000: 12 (ok)
on display will be icon with arrow pointing to camera icon, and information about firmware version (v312 in my case)
this time it will not flash any led, so give it few minutes, take a coffe or go for lunch. after while, I came back to camera, disconnected it removed baterry, and try lot of strange thing like make it again and again put autoexec.ash on sdcard without luck.
after same time, i just for hack of it, I removed version.txt from MISC folder and put camera to usb command mode, and boot rtos:
sudo ./gpboot --rtos ../gopro-fw-tools/section_3
it show exact same icon about falshing firmware but, this time, flashing led! \o/
I wait antil flashing stoped, then removed battery and usb cable, press power button and it continue to upgrade !
again, it's just from memory, so if you try it and make it works, give me comment down below
recently MBT28 contanct me on github about OVC3860 based BT modules , we have some chat about configuration of this modules, and mbt pointed to microcontroller.net where someone put link to pdf with instruction how to configure OVC3860 based modules (I put it on my github  including executable you need).
I personaly tested it, and it works. Change baudrate, name, reconfigure modules class, sound settings ....
tested on winXP,win7 and wine on ubuntu
I try to sniff comunication, to make it configurable from arduino, to be able set BT name by user on final product ....
for serial connection I used cp2102 based adapter from ebay, it has wired RTS signal:
Software part is motorola cracer version 6.x (7 didn't work!!!). It has support for com port from 1 to 4, so change this in advance settings for your usb2UART adapter, then just boot MCU and read eeprom, here is a actual eeprom dump, with code 1790, you can see its on 3 places:
number in eeprom, directly after code (from my observation) can be:
06 - SAFE2 mode, you need to wait 1hour(info from here) to be able to enter pin
08 - SAFE1 mode, you can enter pin code to unlock
A0 - no code required
locked for 1 hour
no code required
standard SAFE mode
UPDATE: I have Motorola MCU with fixed volume problem, so I dump eeprom
of this MCU as it has fixed problem, it didn't store volume value in
eeprom and so this dump is "clean" of garbage. I try to load this dump
to one of affected MCU, just to test how long it take to have volume
issue back. For now it's looks ok.
EDIT: it didn't fix it radio volume is garbage at low tempreatures, of corse. But I have to try :)